Department of Transport’s Privacy Statement
This Privacy Statement applies to the personal information you provide when you register with, or just use, the Get Involved website.
The general Privacy Statement of the Department of Transport applies to all the Department’s websites, including the Get Involved website. It can be found at: https://economicdevelopment.vic.gov.au/privacy
What information do we collect?
We collect the following information from you when you register to use this site:
- Screen Name
- Email Address
We collect any information that you put on the site (whether or not you have registered to use the site) including your:
- Votes on other comments in forums
- Responses to surveys and quick polls
- Email addresses
We collect information about your behaviour on the site including but not limited to:
- Documents downloaded from the library
- Videos viewed
- Pages viewed
Note that you can browse the site completely anonymously without signing up.
Why do we collect this information?
- We collect your email and password when you register to use the site so that we can create an account for your personal use.
- Your screen name allows you to provide comments under a name of your choice.
- Knowing which suburb you live in helps us understand which local communities are interested in particular projects.
- The information that you put on the site, including your comments, votes and survey responses, informs our decision making.
- We may use the email address you provide for registering on the site to send you information and updates pertaining to the projects and proposals discussed on the site.
- If you are an unregistered site user, we will use your email address to send you updates on projects or proposals if you request us to do so.
- User-behaviour information assists us in improving how we communicate and engage with the community. This information also assists Bang the Table in improving users’ experience of the site.
Note: If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include a simple unsubscribe link at the bottom of each email.
Who has access to this information?
Your screen name and any comments you leave under that name in the forums or other tools on the site will be publicly available.
Note: We strongly recommend use of an anonymous screen name.
Individual survey responses, voting patterns and quick poll responses will not immediately be made available publicly on the site, however, feedback (including overall results of polls and surveys, and in some instances, unidentifiable and randomly chosen quotes or comments from surveys) may be published in publicly available reports at the end of the consultation period.
Information that is not publicly available but that is available to the Department of Transport and/or Bang the Table includes:
- All information from the registration form
- General site activity such as document downloads
- Information provided by users seeking support in using the website
Any information collected that may identify you will be handled by both the Department of Transport and Bang the Table in accordance with the Information Privacy Principles under the Victorian Privacy and Data Protection Act 2014. This means that we and Bang the Table may only use or disclose this information for one of the lawful purposes specified under that Act. Details about the Act and the Information Privacy Principles can be found at the Office of the Victorian Information Commissioner.
Third Party Links
Occasionally the Department of Transport may include links to third party sites. These third parties have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites.
Requesting updates to your information and comments
If you wish to update your information or any comments submitted to the site, please contact the Engagement Team at email@example.com